- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- We are looking for an experienced Night Porter to join our Front of House team to act as the first point of contact to visitors to the Dyson Institute.
- You must have enthusiasm and drive, enjoy challenges and change and bring a forward thinking approach to the role.
- The Dyson Institute will encompass both student and hotel-style accommodation and have dedicated Front of House team providing service and support to our guests 24 hours a day, year round, therefore the role will require you to work five days out of seven, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- The Front of House team’s primary focus is welcoming visitors and assisting existing staff. The environment is fast-paced and ever changing, and aims to create a friendly, approachable and efficient impression on those they come in contact with.
- Take control of any operations and any guest requirements throughout the DIET facility during the night
- Maintaining a presence in the reception area
- Take a full handover from the day staff, ensuring information on events and special guests is relayed to all
- Provide a complete handover to the early receptionist, ensuring that all guest, staff and property issues have been reported
- Printing invoices for early departures and taking payments as necessary
- Completing newspaper delivery sheet and delivering papers to relevant rooms
- Providing food as required, i.e. sandwiches or early breakfasts from the Room Service menu
- Ensuring the walkways between the different areas of the campus are clean and safe
- Dealing with complaints by recording the information and ensuring it is handed over to the Senior Receptionist or Early Receptionist
- Ensuring any issues are logged immediately with the Estates Helpdesk
- Attending meetings and training sessions as required
- Being flexible in one’s duty and to carry out additional tasks when requested and when the business demands
- Ensuring that the agreed standard of personal presentation is adhered to at all times
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as requested by Management
- Previous Reception experience, or experience in a customer facing role
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a team Strong organisational skills
- Able to perform well under pressure Computer literate, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage but not essential
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount