- Motors and Power Systems, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
• Support and co-ordinate Noise and Vibration activities across RDD and the Dyson world.
• Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process.
• Guide Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our range of motors.
• Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from proven-concept to production.
• Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of the development team including technical peers and experts, project managers, senior managers and directors.
• Liaise with upstream and downstream teams to ensure effective handover of knowledge and experience.
• Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
• Present concepts to James Dyson and the Exec. team, when required.
• Degree-level qualification in Acoustics/Vibration or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels (specialist and non-specialist audiences).
• Self-motivated approach to work and problem-solving. Ability to research and investigate independently and collaborate effectively with other disciplines.
• Strong skills in technical computing such as MATLAB, particularly in the area of signal processing.
• Experience in a modelling/simulation discipline, such as mechanical/acoustic FEA, Rotordynamics or CFD.
• A working knowledge of statistics, for informing testing strategies and rigorously demonstrating conclusions at known confidence levels. Prior experience preferred but not essential.
• Experience in noise/vibration measurement, practical lab skills, fault-finding, responsible attitude toward safety. Prior experience preferred but not essential.
• Working knowledge of CAD and mechanical design principles. Prior experience preferred but not essential.
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidized café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines