- £Competitive + benefits + bonus
- London - United Kingdom
We are looking for a bright, motivated and entrepreneurial person to join the team to ensure our office is as welcoming, informative and well managed as possible. If you are well organised, people focused, and a natural story teller, this could be a role for you. It will be fast paced and sometimes stretching, supporting our team while also providing impeccable front of house duties.
AccountabilitiesWhat you'll be doing -
Dyson demo and Press Office hosting
- Front of House for the Dyson Press Office: Welcoming visitors, taking deliveries and generally ensuring visitors, media, Dyson people and exec team members who use the space get the best possible experience.
- Ensuring the smooth running of IT and technology for meetings (including Board and Exec team meetings), the cleanliness and tidiness of meeting facilities and communal spaces, and running/stocking the kitchen and office facilities.
- Organising meetings at the Dyson Demo, ensuring they run professionally, that visitors are given a warm welcome and the appropriate hospitality.
- Liaison with the Dyson Demo manager and Dyson Security team on the Dyson demo.
- Liaison with the Dyson property/facilities team, to ensure that maintenance issues are handled promptly and that utilities and suppliers are managed appropriately on the ground.
- Health & Safety: including fire safety and first aid in cooperation with the store staff (training offered).
- Press office car: including ensuring the appropriate servicing and maintenance as well as the relationship with the parking company.
- Post and couriers.
- SAP custodian for the Dyson communications team, including management of the PO Process.
- Responsible for the setting up suppliers and prompt payment of all invoices.
- Assisting with budget tracking for the entire Dyson communications budget and liaison with the accounts team.
- Liaising with suppliers and ensuring the building is stocked with stationary and other sundries.
- Management of licences and subscriptions e.g. NLA, CLA, newspapers
Travel and Logistics
- Supporting travel booking (domestic and international) for communications team and international visitors including contract management.
- Circulating the weekly whereabouts of the communications team and managing the car-pooling process.
- Media Day: calendar management for attendees and hosts, organising accommodation and transfers, ensuring all non-disclosure agreements are signed and distributed.
- Main contact with Group IT to ensure the functioning of the London network and phone system.
- Procurement of IT equipment for new starters and visitors.
- Responsibility for IT management in the Dyson demo visitor spaces.
- Managing email distribution lists for the international communications teams.
- Develop, create and maintain Press Office procedural documentation.
- Monitoring the Press Office inbox and responding to enquiries.
- Coordinating the ordering and distribution of press promotional materials to markets.
- Contributing to Daily Cuttings.
- Collation of press coverage for reporting to Exec team members
- Drafting and filing of non-disclosure agreements for media trips.
- Compiling and maintaining coverage boards and books.
- Diary Management of Global Communications calendars and Press Office meeting rooms.
- Expense claim management for Communication lead team.
- Occasional out of hours support as demand by the business.
You’ll need to:
- Understand Dyson: our technology, our products and what makes us tick. You’ll be an expert at demonstrating all that is different about Dyson.
- Show the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Manage projects and events, you’ll be fastidious in your organisation and have an eye for the detail.
- Be confident dealing with people, numbers, words and admin.
- Work up, down and across the Dyson world – in particular you will bring together the various teams that use the space.
- Be willing to tackle any challenge, perform the odd magic trick, but also make a few mistakes along the way.
- You’ll have relevant experience of providing secretarial and administrative support to a team, whilst establishing effective office systems and procedures.
- You’ll have good IT skills, strong organisational experience with an ability to prioritise workloads whilst coping with a high pace working environment.
- You’ll be a natural storyteller who is, confident and relaxed dealing with anyone.
- Interested in news and current affairs – able to discuss the latest events with Dyson’s most senior leaders.
- You’ll have an inquisitive and creative mind.
- You’ll be hard working, unflappable and passionate.
BenefitsWhat we can offer you -
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Yearly bonus and pay review
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount