- Manufacturing and tooling, Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
General role of Operations Manager typically includes:
- Responsible for defining and implementing operations activities internally and externally to deliver the project objectives and ensure products of right quality are manufactured in a timely fashion following manufacturing best practice.
- To lead an operations team at Category Level to deliver new projects into production on time, on cost and on quality and to ensure that on-going production demand is met.
- Under the leadership of the Head of Operations, he/she will also be expected to identify future opportunities / benefits to our manufacturing operations.
About the role
- Manage both the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy.
- Close interaction with managers in other functional areas within the organisation whose roles have an impact on operations, such areas Procurement, Tooling, Manufacturing Engineering, Finance, RDD Engineering.
- Development of the operations project plan, coordinating cross-functional resources both internally and externally to deliver, monitor and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering and high complexity new products or technologies from the start of tooling phase of development through to mass production.
- Demonstrate strong leadership with clear hands on approach in delivering the objectives by using proven project management and influencing skills. Responsible to overcome all obstacles in ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost and specification.
- Own and drive accurate CapEx estimation, unification, approvals and tracks CapEx spends.
- Competent risk and issue management including effective escalation, executive summary, and clear data-based recommendations for decisions making and expenditure.
- To challenge all teams in driving improved performance in all aspects of operations management and notably the results in achieving consistent manufacturing quality and output.
- Drive adherence to the manufacturing plans for the products that have entered production.
- Contribute to operational project mgmt. processes improvements. Develop technical solutions and tools increasing efficiency of Operational project mgmt. activities.
- Implement new first tier contract manufacturers and second tier sub-contractor.
- Coordinate standard operating procedures across Contract manufacturers and product category. This can be in the form of practice or formatting.
- Drive CSR program, Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for contract manufacturer.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Management.
- At least 10 -15 years of working experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years in a Senior position handling Project/ Program management.
- Excellent cross functional coordination skills. Able to manage senior multiple stakeholders at category level.
- Self-motivated, independent and ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Lead problem solving and solution finding. Analytical and result driven.
- Competent in project management fundamentals (has formal training); Knowledge of new product realization, including all DFX disciplines, risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, issue resolution and commonly accepted best practices.
- Create/ develop new solutions, methods, ideas and products aimed at improving efficiency & effectiveness.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables. Proven ability to lead and co-ordinate team activity in multifunctional environment as well as successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Strong skills and experience partnering with leaders in the business – identifying needs and finding solutions that multiple leaders can agree on
- Manufacturing Operations experience in running hi volume hi mix production, and the deliverance of complex projects into production
- Supplier Management skills (ensure adequate supplier base to give flexibility, capacity and competitive supplies)
- Competent in managing relationship and result with contract manufacturer. Improve cost position and claim management.
- Strong competency in managing supply/ production planning at project level. With good understanding of demand planning, and drive plan-adherence in contract manufacturer.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; able to put together and maintain Presentation and Spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of written & spoken English.
- Proficient in communication and presentation skills in conveying the clear message leading to informed decision targeting best result.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment.
- Ability to travel to SEA and/or other part of Asia and Europe.
- Experience in Operations role for ODM/JDM.
- Six Sigma Training
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Cost Control Behaviours / Business acumen
- Knowledge of plastic injection mould tooling and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation& qualification
- MS Project Knowledge
- Industrial engineering skills preferable (minimize cycle time, line balance, labour and machine effectiveness).
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.