- Manufacturing and tooling, Project Management
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe role of the Operations Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will:
- Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
- Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of development through the mass production.
Under the leadership of Head of Operations, they will also be expected to identify future opportunities/benefits to our manufacturing operations.
The position is a hands-on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution and implementation.
This roles report to Head of Operations. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new contract manufacturer under the regulated industry.
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
- Driving Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for contract manufacturer.
- Waste reduction.
- Engineering Change Management.
- Process improvements.
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects.
- Management of key stakeholders within the project.
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality.
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, result-driven, ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Management.
- At least 5 to 10 years of working experience in FMCG manufacturing environment with at least 3 years handling project/program management.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders in all functions to improve product cost, quality and delivery.
- Deliver accurate project planning and reporting including budget vs. actual status, project plans, milestone reporting, lessons learned and RAG status.
- Drive problem solving and identify improvement opportunities to optimize delivery of implementation
- Manage project risks and issues affecting time plan; identify constrains and critical path; formulate mitigation and manage escalation with stakeholders.
- Manage and resolve project related issues, risks, and changes.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment.
- Ability to travel to SEA and/or other part of Asia and Europe.
- Experience in Operations role for ODM/JDM, in FMCG industry.
- Strong awareness of cost factors in manufacturing, takes accountability in managing manufacturing cost and supports optimization of product cost.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization.
- Six Sigma training preferable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, equipment, test / validation / qualification.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.