- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Operations process Leads / Managers are primarily responsible for driving quality and efficiency into our product development operations processes. They need to work closely with the relevant operations Process Owners as well as other functional owners (quality, RDD, commercial, supply Chain, optimization), to both influence and support our approach to product development.
The purpose of the role is to combine subject matter expertise with change and project management skills, being the process anchor points within overall product development operations structure. He or she plays a lead role in the delivery of major operations transformation programmes. To be effective, the operations process Leads need to be the go-to experts within specific fields of product development practices.
This role will be required to collaborate as a group, both locally and globally, and to directly or indirectly manage Operations Process Analysts to help develop and maintain their areas of process expertise.
This role will also be the process engagement contacts on any operations related system implementation programmes.
- Collaborate closely with Operations Process Owners to ensure processes are defined with clear guidance, KPIs and governance mechanisms; whilst also driving to reduce cost, improve efficiency, and improve effectiveness through process optimisation
- Build and maintain relationships with key Operations stakeholders globally across Dyson including representatives from the Function that you are supporting coupled with manufacturing engineering, procurement, tooling, supply planning, contract manufacturing management, Dyson in house manufacturing and project issue & risk management.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within designated process areas, utilising internal and external resources as appropriate
- Develop our ability to quickly identify process problem statement through Root Cause analysis and other relevant methodologies and tools.
- Lead solutions implementation and drive for continuous improvements
- Process Governance:
- Lead Operation Phase Review, and play an essential role on the operations PD governance
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and Process Owners to track process performance and identify areas for improvement or support
- Focus on maximising the benefits within operations functions and cross-functional interactions.
- Change Management:
- Work closely with senior leadership team on change management aspects of operations transformation programmes, in terms of communication strategy and executions, training strategy and executions.
- Be the process engagenement contacts on any operations related system implementation programmes.
- Ensure the required guidance and support is in place to enable end users to adhere to best practices.
- Directly or indirectly lead a team of Operations Process Analysts to deliver improvements and BAU support in an effective manner
- Talented individual with a well-developed knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and procurement processes and best practices
- Proven track record of developing manufacturing and procurement business processes
- Expertise in process optimization tools and techniques
- Technical, personal and leadership credibility to work effectively with cross functional team on both working and leadership levels.
- Track record of creating and embedding change programmes across Multiple functions and achieving process change in global organisations
- Ability to drive business change through influencing business leaders and functions using sound communication and collaborative decision making skills
- Proven experience in managing indirect and external resources
- Ability to breakdown problems into manageable, measurable elements
- Capable of communicating complex ideas simply, and paying attention to detail without losing the bigger picture
- Problem solver with an interest in how operations works and a desire to improve performance
- Assertive, self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Solid leader and team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and all departments
- Thrives on change with ability to deliver under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to manage changes in project scope
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Change management certification preferred
- Project management certification preferred
- Experience of working in a global environment - sensitive to and experienced in cultural differences
- Demonstrated experience in managing a breadth of business cultures and behaviours
- Experience with PLM Systems, SAP Suites application, MES, Cost management systems