- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
The role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects.
- Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
- Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of development through the mass production.
- The Operations Project Manager is responsible for development of the transfer project plan, coordinating cross-functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives.
- Under the leadership of the Operations Manager, they will also be expected to identify future opportunities/benefits to our manufacturing operations.
- The position is a hands-on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution and implementation.
- This role reports to the Operation Manager. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new prime contractor/sub-contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
- Driving Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for prime contractor/sub-contractor.
Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction
- Engineering Change Management
- Process improvements
- Productivity improvements.
- Line planning.
Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, result-driven, ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Management.
- At least 5 to 10 years of working experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment with at least 3 years handling project/program management.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders in all functions to improve product cost, quality and delivery.
- Deliver accurate project planning and reporting including budget vs. actual status, project plans, milestone reporting, lessons learned and RAG status.
- Thinks out of box to tackle critical situation.
- Capable of mitigating risk on projects time plan.
- Manage and resolve project-related issues, risks, and changes
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment.
- Cost control behaviors/business acumen.
- Seven QC Tools for Project Solving Methodology.
- Knowledge of Kaizen.
- Six Sigma Training.
- SPC Knowledge.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization.
- Knowledge of plastic injection mold tooling, spray painting and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification