- MYR Competitive
- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects in Environmental Care category
- Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
- Drive and manage New Project development from Design development to manufacturing through NPD process from Engineering build to SOP.
- Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of development through the mass production.
- The Operations Project Manager is responsible for development of the transfer project plan, coordinating cross-functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives.
- Under the leadership of the Operations Manager, they will also be expected to identify future opportunities/benefits to our manufacturing operations.
- The position is a hands-on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution and implementation.
- This role reports to the Operation Manager. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new prime contractor/sub-contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
- Driving Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for prime contractor/sub-contractor.
- To develop, execute and measure operational cost down initiatives, using LEAN methodologies.
- To preparation and managing of the Capex to support new projects or capacity uplifts / increases.
Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction
- Engineering Change Management
- Process improvements
- Productivity improvements.
- Line planning.
Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- At least 8 experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment with at 3 years handling project/program management.
- Project/Program Management experience and Operations experiences.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Management.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders in all functions to improve product cost, quality and delivery.
- Cost control behaviors/business acumen.
- Seven QC Tools for Project Solving Methodology.
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean.
- Lean Six Sigma Training.
- SPC Knowledge.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization.
- Knowledge of plastic injection mold tooling, spray painting and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification