- Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleThe role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will:
- Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
- Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start Tooling phase of development through the mass production.
The Operations Project Manager is responsible for development of the transfer project plan, coordinating cross functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives.
Under the leadership of Operations Manager, they will also be expected to identify future opportunities/benefits to our manufacturing operations.
The position is a hands on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution and implementation.
This roles report to Operations Manager. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new prime contractor/sub contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction
- Engineering Change Management
- Process improvements
Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Self motivated, independent, result-driven
- Ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Manufacturing awareness- Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of working experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with at least 2 years handling project/program management
- Ability to multi task effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of written & spoken English
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Six Sigma Training
- Lean Manufacturing Principles- Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization
- Cost control behaviours/business acumen
- Knowledge of plastic injection mould tooling and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification
- MS project knowledge
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.