- Claims and Insights
- Open to applications to be based in either Malmesbury or Singapore, United Kingdom
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way. At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reducing our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards. It started with the vacuum bag or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we're constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
In order to achieve this, we need to grow our CSR team and are currently recruiting the following positions:
Head of Sustainability - Environmental Impact - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/head-of-sustainability-environmental-impact/30115
Sustainability Education Manager - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/sustainability-education-manager/30116
Senior Sustainability Manager - Estates - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/sustainability-education-manager/30116
Principal Sustainability Engineer - Technologies - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/principal-sustainability-engineer-technologies/30117
Senior Sustainability Data Manager - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/senior-sustainability-data-manager/30609
Principal Sustainability Engineer - Design and Manufacturing - https://careers.dyson.com/en-gb/job-description/principal-sustainability-engineer-design-and-manufacturing/30896
AccountabilitiesHere are some of the activities you may be involved in:
To define and implement overarching company sustainability strategies, objectives and targets looking 5+ years out, utilising subject matter expertise and environmental affairs experience.
Working alongside the CSI team (Claims, Standards and Insights) and RDD functions, supporting and feeding into the near future product sustainability roadmaps.
Monitor and report on emerging global environmental trends and regulation directions to feed into future Dyson product development policies and directions, be it materials of potential concern, eco-design and the circular economy. Work with CSI, RDD and other internal teams to develop Dyson’s position, prepare for potential impact and articulate strategy internally and externally.
Monitor and report on potential governmental incentive and penalties schemes for environmental and social activity. Develop strategies to maximise opportunities and minimise risk to the business.
Oversee processes for assessing environmental impacts of products and operations, ensuring good quality data which will be used for a number of purposes including reporting, legislation and marketing claims.
Build and manage relations with external regulators, industrial bodies and government agencies. Represent Dyson in relation to environmental affairs with Trade Associations, Standards committees and NGOs.
Be the environmental affairs subject matter expert and train, guide and mentor others in Dyson, disseminating regulatory knowledge, best practice and standards.
Responsible for keeping up-to-date with global environmental standards and legislation appropriate to the entire product portfolio.
Challenge and develop best practise, contributing to tool and process improvements within Dyson.
Challenge and shape regulations as demanded by product innovation. Resolve complex technical problems where precedents do not exist.
Providing insight from data, measuring performance and completing gap analysis against industry indices and best practice. Provide internal and external reporting as required.
Develop and deliver strategic programmes to promote and enhance employee and stakeholder environmental engagement linked to Dyson’s core values.
Here are some of the skills and experience we require our Sustainability team to possess:
- Demonstrable experience in the field of environmental engineering or sustainability, with significant experience working on environmental issues.
- Experience in a regulatory affairs role (preferably a trade association or manufacturing business).
- Standards and legislation expertise desirable, preferably consumer products.
- Understanding and experience of life cycle assessment desirable, particularly within electro mechanical engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of global environmental regulatory requirements.
- Involvement with standards working groups/ trade associations/ external bodies.
- Experience of working with external organisations, interpreting & managing technical data files.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills and the ability to liaise, influence and motivate others at all levels within the business.
- In-depth knowledge & experience of policy formation in the regulatory area.
- Experience dealing with 3rd party test laboratories is desirable.
- Prior involvement in technical standard development is desirable.
- Languages: English (essential)
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to degree level (Ideally scientific/engineering/environmental/product development based)
- A recognised Environmental qualification is beneficial
- Demonstrable continuing professional development
- Membership of professional bodies
Whilst ensuring Dyson maintains legal compliance and works towards best practice, the role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive can-do attitude, working towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for sustainability.
Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both internally and externally.
Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
Methodical approach with strong attention to detail. Excellent analytical and problem solving/ interpretation ability.
Work autonomously receiving minimal support and guidance.
Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others as required
Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
Must be prepared to travel globally (anticipated quarterly trips as projects/ workload requires).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines