- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The PCBA Manufacturing Engineer provides support to the electronic design team to define manufacturing processes and equipment as well as expertise for PCBA manufacturing issues during NPI and mass production builds at the contract manufacturers to meet cost, quality, Yield, delivery.
- Drives manufacturing-engineering excellence by working with various functional leads, to ensure engineering capability meets/exceeds manufacturing requirements/standard in order to deliver quality products
- Drives process/product/equipment engineering activities in line with Dyson values and Leadership Behaviors to ensure compliance to industry standard, regulatory and product specific requirements
- Leads PCBA NPI launches and PCBA Process Qualification with high yields and balanced process
- Solving of PCBA manufacturing issues during NPI and reducing failures at the HLA
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. Provides expertise and solution to address PCBA quality issues
- Development of necessary documentation (PFMEA, Process Flow)
- Ensures manufacturing systems & process are fully compliance to Industry (IPC/JEDEC); Dyson Standards and always audit ready.
- Drives Continuous improvement to reduce cost or improve efficiency through process optimization
- Supports Product Engineering during the NPI Launch through process qualification
- Develops and improves production process to achieve optimum performances in terms of yield and productivity.
- Responsible to source for special equipment / instrument to support manufacturing process during NPI projects
- Involves in Pre-Design for Manufacturing review & execute Post Design for Manufacturability and Assembly on Printed Circuit boards by influencing component selection, PCB layout and factory readiness including PCBA manufacturing strategies and tooling plans;
- Executes Risk Assessments, yield predictions, and factory readiness activities on Printed Circuit board assemblies to reduce cost, improve quality and decrease cycle time for new products.
- Develops and executes statistical process controls • Manage key KPI include cost avoidance and first pass yield
- Degree in Electronics or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a process engineer in a PCBA manufacturing environment
- Sound technical knowledge and skills in complex printed circuit board assembly including wave/selective wave soldering and system assembly processes; conformal coating, paralyne coating, potting/encapsulation; epoxy gluing and auto soldering processes and equipment setup and commissioning
- Experience using industry PCB/A Assembly standards such as IPC/JEDEC Standards
- Good problem solving and statistical analysis skill
- Experience in DFM; DOE, FMEA, SPC, GR&R, OEE, MSA; Process Capability (Cp/Cpk)
- Travel to PCBA/Contract Manufacturers as required