- RM Competitive
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Based in Johor, Malaysia, Dyson has an opportunity for an experienced PCBA procurement manager to manage & coordinate PCBA materials & costing with cross functional partners as well as contract manufacturers. You must have experience in cross-functional leadership and intensive experience in PCBA management, electronics components knowledge and PCBA operations understanding.
- Full commercial responsibility of PCBAs for defined product categories.
- Dual source activities - Work closely with commodity managers and engineering team (RDD) to implement alternative components/solutions for circuit board design.
- Component qualification coordination - Follow up closely on qualification of PCBA alternative components to mitigate supply risk & as part of cost down activities.
- Manage Change Requests (CR)/Deviation Requests (DR) and PCBA ISIR qualification at contract manufacturers.
- Responsible to work with commodity managers to build up commodity strategies based on product category requirements and needs.
- Key focal person to manage PCBA contract manufacturers’ CTB (Clear-To-Build) materials readiness to support project time plan. Coordinate with commodity managers and suppliers to fulfil project requirement.
- Screen markets for PCBA contract manufacturers that meet our requirements; drive selection process and steer PCBA allocation decision.
- Negotiate and agree PCBA cost. Manage PCBA CAPEX coordination.
- Demand change management - Work with supply chain and Supply Assurance and Flexibility team (SAF) on expediting of critical parts and material allocations with priority justifications.
- Support operations and supply chain to manage materials exposure in contract manufacturers to reduce liability. Work with suppliers on cancellation & rescheduling on materials to reduce exposure.
- Support RDD/engineering team on evaluation or validations build.
- PCBA price management - Analyse PCBA BOM break down, sign off contract Manufacturers’ PCBA price submission and implement new PCBA prices.
- Components risk buy management - Manage risk buy components cost and manage PPV.
- Work with commodity managers to manage the BOM scrubbing process – identify longevity of those components and components selections from Approved vendor list (AVL).
- Work with commodity managers and engineering (RDD) to manage PCN process, LTB process & implement at contract manufacturers.
- Manage all credit notes and debit notes related to PCBA contract manufacturers.
- Risk assessment management. Work closely with Category Procurement Managers (CPM) and commodity managers to identify risk components, support mitigation plan.
- Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Experienced in management of electronic components and PCBAs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills in monopolistic and competitive settings
- Cross-functional leadership.
- Ability and drive to work independently.
- Excellent project management skills.
- CIPS or equivalent qualification.
- Has worked with and/or at contract manufacturers for PCBAs.
- Programming skills / VBA.