- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the global PCB Engineering Manager the successful candidate will become part of the busy PCB Engineering team. The scope of the activity broad; you will lead the activity to project manage and control outsourced PCB & PCBA prototype manufacturing from program schedule alignment through to delivery and inspection.
RDD’s changing requirements for PCBA delivery drive us to expand and continually improve the activity, reviewing our internal systems and supplier management. Part of your role will be to proactively lead this development, ensuring we keep pace with business needs and that the activity is scalable to match growth.
It’s a demanding role that directly impacts project delivery; you must be well organised and motivated, having a proven track record dealing with engineering program pressures, and meeting delivery targets & goals. You will regularly deal with various departments, managers, engineers, and suppliers, and must therefore have excellent communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with the right skillset and aptitude to not only take control of the activity but shape its growth and development.
About the roleProject managing and controlling PCBA prototyping activity for RDD Electronics project teams:
- Liaise with project teams to both understand and accurately capture requirements, ensure correct targets are set and aligned to project plan
- Ensure data transfer is timely and quality controls and security protocols are met
- Communicate build requirements to the supplier’s, ensuring expectations are set correctly to facilitate fast response & accurate quotation
- Create and manage purchase orders using SAP system (training provided)
- Take ownership of BoM concession and deviation management
- Monitor supplier activity and progress chase delivery
- Manage program targets with teams and ensure delivery expectations are met; managing delays, facilitating issue resolution, ensuring all changes communicated & agreed
- Coordinate different builds between suppliers to avoid bottlenecks
- Ensure goods received OK and progressed onto technician activity
- Ensure all activity logged correctly
Be the Lead for this activity:
- Proactively drive continuous improvement activity
- Creation of Metrics to drive quality improvement
- Engage with PCB/PCBA supplier management, including:
- Quality scoring and control
- Technical capability assessment
- Supplier performance review with reference to quality and on time deliveries
- Manage our supplier relationships, focusing on consistency, quality, delivery & cost
- Develop a global prototype service.
- Drive potential future growth, e.g.
- Internal stock control system and supplier bonded stores
- Component procurement & BoM kitting
- Work with PCB lab team lead/technicians to define/maintain an inspection strategy
About youSkills & Experience
- HNC Engineering or equivalent as a minimum
- BEng degree in Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline, with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry, desirable
- Previous experience in procurement/supply chain management an advantage
- Project management
- Understanding of general PCB engineering principles; either design or manufacture
- Experience of Supplier Management and quality processes.
- Experience in working fast paced engineering environment to meet tight timing deadlines.
- Knowledge of Electronic Components and specifications.
- Previous experience dealing with electronic component suppliers.
- Understanding of Product Life Management (PLM) systems
- Process improvement & documentation desirable
- Methodical, organised approach with attention to detail & accuracy
- Self-motivated, with a strong focus on results
- Ability to work independently or as an effective team member.
- Team Leading
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.