- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleAs a Graduate Design Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get-go. Working as part of a larger project team in the Personal Care categories, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements
- Conceptualising, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge and ideas. As well as a line manager and buddy to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be expected to contribute from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
- You'll be a graduate specialising in Mechanical, Aerospace, Design Engineering, Mechatronics or any related engineering degree, and at least with 2nd upper-class honours.
- Available to start in May 2021
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem-solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.