- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented engineers to develop our advanced Dyson Digital Motors. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these engineers have the opportunity to work alongside technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to challenge convention, develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass manufacture.
About the roleAs a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Conceptualise, Develop and Detail ideas for precision mechanical parts and layouts, using 3D CAD and state-of-the-art engineering analysis tools.
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and design requirements from concept, development to production.
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements, verifying those designs through analysis and with experimentation in our advanced development laboratories.
- Participates in projects related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability (Cpk), FMEA, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Work with our Manufacturing Team to design equipment and experiments for engineering evaluations in support of productivity & quality improvement projects.
About youDelivering the next generation of Dyson Digital Motor is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- Graduated or on track with a 2nd upper class honours or above, studying towards a Mechanical Engineering or related degree and able to start in September 2021
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects, internships or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Able to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our solution are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals in topic areas such as structural dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics or mechatronics.
- Proficient in 3D CAD (Unigraphics), PLM and Minitab is an advantage but with the right attitude you can pick this up fast.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.