- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting into the Commercial Delivery Director within the Commercial Planning and Operations function the successful candidate will be responsible for providing PMO support across all of our Business led programmes and projects, working closely with the ‘Head of Programmes’ to ensure delivery of the required outputs and outcomes within the agreed budget and timeframes.
The PMO Lead will work closely with the Delivery Leads across all of our Business initiatives ensuring that processes, documentation and reporting are being followed and delivered. You will be responsible for ensuring there is a smooth and effective partnership with IT and all Departments we are dependent on for the successful delivery of our Programmes.
You will be responsible for establishing clear and efficient ways of working for Business projects to ensure we have an efficient Programme Delivery capability. You will work closely with the ‘Head of Programmes’ to design and document our Delivery processes and build out suitable controls, status reports and governance to aid visibility and deliver confidence across the portfolio. You will continuously review all existing Project Delivery processes, identifying areas for improvement and development.
You will work hand in hand with the Delivery Leads making sure that reporting, status updates, Project plans, RAID etc are being completed and actioned against.
You will ensure cross-programme dependencies such as systems, platforms, resource etc are managed and the dependency log is maintained and reviewed.
The PMO Lead will Coordinate project closure processes to create good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged and actioned against when kicking off new programmes and projects.
The PMO Lead will support the Delivery Leads with Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting, commercial reporting, Change Management across all Business projects and programmes.
You will work with the Head of Communications to agree how we deliver Programme coms to the business dependent on the audience.
The successful candidate will be expected have strong interpersonal skills, ability to support and engage senior stakeholders across the business, as well as manage teams, coordinate efforts with specialists, and demonstrate a track record of successfully implementing digital transformation programmes.
- Establishing and embedding appropriate ways of working for Business programmes and projects
- Documenting processes and templating project reporting
- Ensuring the Delivery Leads and their Project Managers are delivering to the defined ways of working
- Ensure Project plans, RAID, status reporting is being delivered on time and to a high standard across all Programmes
- Work with the Delivery Leads to ensure Governance and meeting cadence is setup and being adhered to
- Ensure RAID is being managed effectively and mitigation is in place with all risks
- Ensuring our Delivery processes are defined and documented
- Work with the Head of Business Change to ensure we have a clear plan on how we will manage the change within the business and that it is planned and reported on within our programmes
- Ensure there are smooth relationships and processes with IT and other departments we depend on for delivery such as Legal, Procurement etc
- Define best practices for project delivery e,g Agile, Waterfall etc
- Work closely with the Digital Demand BA & PO function to ensure resource is available when required
- Work with the Delivery Leads to prepare regular status reporting to the business and ensuring our Change board and controls are in place and adhered to
Significant experience delivering large programmes in complex environments
Experience setting up and embedding controls and governance across a business portfolo
Significant experience working within a large PMO
Running programmes with blended / varying delivery methods; agile, waterfall etc.
Aligning delivery priority to business benefits and outcomes
Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners and UX researchers, as well as management of external agencies / 3rd parties
Strong planning and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of stakeholder trust and confidence.
Proven ability to lead complex projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate Project Management tools such as Jira/Confluence, Tableau, MS Project.
Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both commercial and IT individuals at a range of levels.
Relevant standard industry certification in portfolio and programme governance. E.g. P3O