- Competitive + super + bonus
- Sydney - Australia
The PR/Communications Executive role is an integral part of Dyson’s global communications and local marketing teams. The role reports into the PR Manager, is supported by a PR Agency and collaborates closely with teams across the business, both locally and internationally. Dyson engineers develop high performing technology, and the communications team creates storytelling opportunities with compelling content that land core narratives around our technology, philosophy and values.
The PR/Communications Executive is a natural storyteller who can show how our technology is better, how it is developed and why it works differently – conveying our bold ambitions, risk-taking mindset and engineering ethos in the process. This role will play a key part in driving results, working on and managing administration across internal and external communications in Australia and New Zealand. With the support of a PR agency and the PR Manager, this role will own core project components of Dyson’s PR and communications program (e.g. Environmental Care, James Dyson Award, Internal Comms and Professional) helping create and implement communication strategies and relationships that communicate and support Dyson’s core technology, people and philosophy.
- Develop, manage and implement integrated communication / PR strategies and budgets for core project components of Dyson’s PR and communications program (e.g. Environmental Care, Internal Comms and Professional). This includes managing Dyson’s ANZ PR agency across NPD product launches and storytelling campaigns in alignment with Dyson ANZ stakeholders and Group communication
- Proactively and reactively identify story opportunities and pitch to media, managing the message and weaving broader narratives around our technology, people, places and philosophies
- Produce first class content in the form of press releases, interviews, social media etc. and manage the PR calendar and PR budget to cover product launches, campaigns, social media and event
- Collate PR results across all activities and communicate the value and impact of them to key stakeholders
- Coordinate monthly “Café Briefings” (monthly staff meetings) for the ANZ business facilitating content development, stakeholder briefings and overseeing logistical aspects to ensure execution is consistently smooth
- Strong event management capabilities to plan, execute and evaluate internal and external PR-related events for media, bloggers, influencers and industry professionals reflecting the high standards that Dyson is known for
- Drive entries across ANZ for the James Dyson Award, an international design competition that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers, a core part of Dyson DNA. The activity will include building university relations, conducting university visits, moderating online entries, engaging with student entrants and working with the PR agency to generate traditional and social media coverage to drive awareness
With at least 3 years’ experience, the successful candidate will demonstrate a real go-getter attitude and confidence to work hands-on with the management team. Educating the business on how the media works, earning a story, building journalist relationships and reporting are key building blocks for this role. You will also have:
At least 3 years of PR experience in-house or agency side
Sound working knowledge of consumer branding, journalist relationships, corporate affairs, events management, sponsorship, traditional and new media
Ability to combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
A passion for technology and the categories we are in e.g. beauty and wellbeing
Proven ability to multi-task and juggle multiple clients/categories/briefs/projects
Good instinct: an ability to spot a story or PR opportunity. They will demonstrate that they are commercially astute and can align local PR objectives with the global PR strategy
A strong knowledge of the ANZ media and influencer landscape
Ability to motivate and get the most out of agency partners
BenefitsAt Dyson ANZ we value you bringing yourself to work. We recognise the importance of your unique contribution and are receptive to hearing ideas that challenge the norm. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited by adopting new ways to do things better.
We deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Brand new office space in Barangaroo, a compressed working week, work-life balance that we live and breathe, regular social lunches and off-site gatherings, product discounts, novated leasing, additional paid annual leave and company paid parental leave form just part of the employee experience at Dyson ANZ.
We are members of the Diversity Council Australia