- Hair Stylists
- Location details
- Bellevue, WA USA 98004
Dyson has taken the Beauty world by storm since launching the Supersonic Hairdryer, the most awarded hair dryer of 2017! Our focus on innovation created a new category of premium beauty tools now revered by beauty gurus, professional stylists, and consumers worldwide. Now, we’re looking for talented beauty enthusiasts to join our team!
We are seeking licensed professionals with a passion for retail to represent Dyson in conjunction with our premium beauty retail partners. This role is the cornerstone of bringing Dyson Personal Care products to life, turning shoppers into satisfied Dyson owners.
Stylists will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for hair care. Stylists are responsible for delivering hands on demonstrations that include styling, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations and events across the United States. This position requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekdays, holidays or as business dictates.
Elevate Dyson brand awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstration.
- Capture consumers’ attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson’s brand, culture, and passion for technology
- Desire to provide excellent service and engage with customers
- Conduct professional styling demonstrations in assigned retail stores and events to achieve specified sales goals
- Provide friendly and informed beauty advice
- Build strong relationships with store staff and leaders at our retail locations
- Present a professional image in appearance, words and actions to support beauty demonstrations
- Inspire clients with expertise on beauty trends and product knowledge
- Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the features and benefits of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably overcome objections
- Maintain responsibility for all demonstration equipment and ensure marketing collateral is properly displayed
- Driven and self-motivated
- Assist with training of new Stylists as needed
- Demonstrate confidence, competence and high standards of personal appearance within our premium retailers
- Actively monitor Dyson’s online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
- Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to Beauty Manager per established guidelines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Achieve a high level of performance to the sales goals of assigned territory
- Delivery exemplary support and drives sales within the Retail Channel
- Plan, manage and participate in Events as driven by event/launch calendar
- Support Brand Focus Days, events and linear/fixture maintenance
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 35 lbs., potentially overhead
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- Ability to provide own transportation to various store locations
- High aptitude with electronics and technology
Access to a private computer with the following software:
- Must have computer with Windows 7 or above or Apple Machine with software 10.9x or above.
- Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
Cell Phone with smart phone capabilities:
- Minimum iOS 8.0 (iPhone 4S / iPad mini 1 / iPad2)
- Recommended iOS 10 (iPhone 5 / iPad mini 2 / iPad 4th gen)
- Minimum software 4.0.3/4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (released 2011)
- Recommended software 6.0 Marshmallow / 7.0 Nougat
- Experience and Education:
- 1 year experience in a beauty or fashion retail environment
- Must be licensed to style hair
- HS Diploma or GED required, Bachelor Degree a plus
- Ability to work weekends, some weekday holidays and as business dictates, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
- High standards of personal appearance.
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
- Strong communication and presentation skills essential
- Charismatic and outgoing personality
- Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
- Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
- Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.