- Intellectual Property
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is an exciting prospect to be a part of the ambitious growth taking place at Dyson. The Patent Attorney will be working closely with Research, Design and Development teams, and will be involved in the early life of a project with the opportunity to continue working alongside until product launch.
Our projects span a diverse range of categories, including automotive, health and beauty, energy storage, digital motors and robotics. You will be called on to advise the project team and the wider business on a wide range of IP issues, including infringement and validity of third party IP. The work is stimulating and challenging and the environment is characterised by energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
- To draft and prosecute patent and design applications.
- To analyse freedom-to-operate searches and apply the findings as appropriate.
- Todvise product development/research teams with regard to potential risks relating to third parties’ rights.
- To challenge third party IP rights and attend oral proceedings if required.
- To advise the business in relation to IP issues in all areas.
- To provide training and guidance to Trainee Patent Attorneys as appropriate.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of current IP laws and practices.
- UK and/or European qualified or part-qualified.
- Experience of drafting and prosecuting mechanical inventions.
- The ability to communicate IP matters to non-IP personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Ideally the ability to work autonomously; to manage your caseload without undue delays occurring.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines