- £Competitive + benefits
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s Global Communications team tell stories about our technology, products, people, places and philosophy – all around the world. It is a fast paced team, in a complex, growing business. We are looking for an experienced, motivated and entrepreneurial person to join the team to ensure that our two leaders and wider team is well supported and impeccably organised. If you are people focused, a natural storyteller, and can keep the trains running on time, this could be a role for you.
You will need to be an exceptionally well organised and proactive individual who is able to provide professional administrative and project support. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, always handling situations with a calm manner and the utmost discretion.
AccountabilitiesYou’ll need to:
- Understand Dyson: our technology, our products and what makes us tick. You’ll end up an expert at explaining all that is different about Dyson.
- Show the utmost discretion and professionalism at all times.
- Be confident, resourceful, and diplomatic when handling the demands of multiple stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects and events, you’ll be fastidious in your organisation and have an eye for the detail.
- Be confident dealing with people, numbers, words and admin, demonstrating great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work up, down and across the Dyson world – in particular you will bring together the various teams that make up the Global Communications Team.
- Be willing to tackle any challenge, juggle priorities and time constraints whilst performing the odd magic trick!
Personal Assistant Support
- Co-ordinate and proactively manage busy diaries: handling and rescheduling diary requests, organising delegates, monitoring acceptances and declines, whilst prioritising and filtering out non-essential meetings.
- Forward planning and scheduling, anticipating busy periods and supporting constantly changing priorities.
- Manage and coordinate regular and complex travel itineraries including planning, accommodation, visa requirements and expenses.
- Manage high volume inboxes by prioritising enquires, responding where appropriate and taking appropriate action.
- Manage meetings: preparing reports, presentations and dashboards – sometimes at short notice. Booking rooms and venues as well as recording and communicating minutes and actions where required.
- Ability for flexible working in order to provide ad hoc support on an exceptional basis, planning ahead in order to anticipate busy periods and changing priorities. Occasional travel to our London office, as the business requires.
- Support and manage projects, events and visits – ensuring our visitors we well looked after at all times.
Wider Team Support
- Guidance on travel booking (domestic and international) for communications team and international visitors.
- Compiling and circulating rotas for the communications team.
- Management of licences and subscriptions e.g. NLA, CLA, newspapers.
- Develop, create and maintain Press Office procedural documentation.
- Managing the car-pooling process, ensuring the appropriate servicing and maintenance as well as the relationship with the parking company.
- Coordinate global inductions for new starters, including procurement of IT equipment for new starters and visitors.
- Liaising with suppliers and ensuring the London Press Office is stocked with stationary and other sundries
- Managing email distribution lists for the international communications teams.
- Drafting and filing of non-disclosure agreements for external visitors.
- Diary management of global communications calendars and Press Office meeting rooms.
- SAP custodian for the Dyson communications team, including management of purchase order process.
- Responsible for the setting up suppliers and prompt payment of all invoices.
- Assisting with budget tracking for the Dyson communications budget and liaison with the accounts team.
- Undertake additional and or other responsibilities to meet business requirements.
SkillsWhat we'd like to see from you -
- A self-motivated, dedicated and forward thinking person with excellent commercial awareness and discretion. In addition, this role requires:
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Experience of managing a demanding diary and inbox and organising international travel.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Sensitive and diplomatic management of multiple and high level stakeholders
- Confidence in decision making and prioritisation of tasks
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
What we can offer you -
· 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
· Private medical and dental cover
· Life assurance
· Yearly bonus and pay review
· Pension scheme
· Dyson machine discount
· Free sports centre
· Subsidized cafes