- Based on experience and credentials
- Retail (Head Office)
- Toronto - Canada
Who we are
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore. Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
What you’ll be doing
Dyson Canada launched their game changing hairdryer in September 2016 and followed up with an innovative styler in October 2018. We’ve rethought the way people dry their hair and the reviews have been fantastic. We need a passionate Education Manager to inspire and educate our Dyson Stylists, Styling Experts, and beauty retailer staff about our Dyson hair tool products. You will work with our Field Team to deliver product launches, create and deliver animations at our beauty retailers, and ensure that our in-store demonstration execution of Dyson hair tools is first class.
The Education Manager will be responsible for the education and advocacy in our specialty beauty, and premium department retailer partners. You will work together with our Field Sales team to develop engaging in-store demonstrations and events to provide a Dyson experience to retail clients. You’ll also develop training plans to ensure our technology is understood and presented in an accurate and exciting manner by both retail staff and our Field Team.
The location of this role is at Dyson Canada’s Head office in Toronto, and travel will be required.
Specific responsibilities include:
Dyson Personal Care Education Roadmap
· Work with the National Field Sales Manager to develop an Education roadmap for Dyson Personal Care (Hair Tools) for retailer staff, Dyson Field Team, and internal Dyson groups
· Develop annual plan with input from National Field Sales Manager and Brand to identify education required by audience
Dyson Personal Care Education Material Development
· Work with internal teams in the UK, the US, and around the world to collaborate on building Education assets to support required Education delivery of Dyson hair tool products and technology, Dyson Experience and selling approach, incorporating retailer specific requirements.
· Design and evolve training for retailer store staff, to increase their product knowledge, awareness of the brand, and help them deliver the ‘Why Dyson’ message to reflect the retail/beauty environment
Field Team Education and Support
· Work in partnership with the National Field Sales Manager to identify team training requirements to help achieve demonstration and sales benchmarks.
· Develop effective training curriculum for Dyson Stylists, Styling Experts, and Retailer Associates to drive advocacy for Dyson hair tools
· Develop approach and training to deliver retailer-specific activations for different Event and Visibility opportunities.
· Develop and maintain Eventing kits and education assets to support ongoing improvement in approach and delivery
· Plan and deliver training sessions, both large and small group aligned with the education purpose, manage follow-up, and conduct evaluations to improve on execution for future sessions.
· Collaborate with Dyson Canada Education team members from other categories to implement Dyson Education systems and platforms, and to strive for consistency in Dyson brand experience delivery across categories.
· Represent Personal Care Education and Retail Experience for Canada and contribute to global knowledge and best practice development for Personal Care Education and Retail Execution.
Professional Stylist Education
· Align with Salon Channel lead to develop materials and support the delivery of in-salon Education and Masterclasses.
Experience in styling/hairdressing, Licenced Stylist preferred
Experience in working and understanding retail
Strong selling skills training background
Previous experience of creating and delivering training material and plans, including train the trainer and adapting materials and delivery to different type of learning styles and needs
Presentation and Group Facilitation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences.
Comfortable with all presentation formats, large meeting, small group, customer facing, and on camera
Excellent communication skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business.
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Present a professional and fashion savvy image in appearance, words and actions
Team player leading by example
Foster a sense of team work and camaraderie
Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
Adaptable and flexible
Identify problems and find solutions
Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
English/French Bilingual is an asset
Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
Travel 25%+ of time
When applying, please don't forget to attach your resume.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.