- Based on experience and credentials
- Hair Stylists
- Toronto, Canada
Who we are
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
In Canada, the Dyson office opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people focussed on getting Dyson technology in the hands of Canadians. Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Personal Care Territory Sales Manager Ontario and part of the Personal Care Team, you will be provided with the hands-on learning and support you need to rise to the challenge and take full advantage of this exciting growth opportunity. You will visit retail locations in your designated territory within a specific time frame and hit some tough but achievable targets. You'll provide product knowledge training to store associates, embody the Dyson brand to retailer staff and consumers, maintain merchandising displays, and in some cases demonstrate our products to consumers to set the example for retailer staff and drive sales.
Specifically, the job is broken into two main responsibilities –
Retail Relationship, Sales and Training
- Visit priority Premium Beauty retailers within your territory and build strong and profitable customer relationships with management and sales associates at store level, getting them excited about the Dyson brand
- Achieve seasonal sales goals as determined by the National Beauty Sales and Education Manager and PC Territory Sales Manager (PC TSM) through store visits for support, events and relationship building
- Conduct training sessions with retail store associates on product features and sales techniques, both in a group environment and on a one-to-one basis.
- Drive incremental volume opportunities by negotiating and implementing compelling and lasting incremental displays around Dyson and retailer moments.
- Coordinate optimal store visit schedule with the PC TSM and strategize plans to achieve sales goals and execute corporate initiatives.
- Collaborate with PC TSM to create monthly calendar to optimally support focus doors and sales achievement.
- Communicate with PC TSM regularly via status call. Prepare updates as directed.
- Communicate stock concerns to PC TSM as needed to support business.
- Communicate with store leadership about brand corporate initiatives, successes/opportunities, press activity and in-store updates and animations.
What we’re looking for
An enthusiastic, driven and flexible professional who has:
- At least 2 years’ of strong Premium Beauty retail sales experience, including hairstyling, event, and selling ability, and an excellent track record of achievements
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Creative sales driver with passion, energy and love of the beauty industry
- Experience training retailer staff, and training at Sephora in previous roles is an asset
- Successfully built and maintained relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Is a comfortable and persuasive communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- A track record of coaching and mentoring teams, experience managing people is an asset
- Leadership in setting the example, and demonstrating integrity in behaviours and decisions aligned with company values and code of conduct
- Proven ability to drive results, persevering to find solutions, working autonomously when required
- Is a self-starter who manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook strongly desired
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel within the territory
Is comfortable with some overnight travel within their territory (about 15% of the time)
Is able to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs.
BenefitsWhen applying, please don't forget to attach your resume.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.