- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
About the roleDyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Whilst we have highly differentiated products, our owner experiences are not always consistently differentiated across all touchpoints. We need to be content rich, user centric and data driven. This means we need to develop new capability, processes and tools so we can create uniquely Dyson owner experiences. To drive this, we are creating the new role of Regional Planning & Operations Lead, APAC CoE; to take a more strategic approach to the planning & operational process. This role will be based in Singapore, closer to our newly created regional structure. This will allow for a better representation of the assets, media and experiences that Dyson Owners engage with in the Region. This person will report into the Regional Commercial Director, CoE APAC also based in Singapore and dotted line reports into VP, Global Experience Studio.
- Lead the deployment of our Global process, way of working, project systems and reporting into the regional Centre of Excellence (CoE).
- Work with the Regional Commercial Director, to understand the briefs/demand of work coming into the in-house team.
- Lead the resource and project prioritisation process and feed the data into the Global Planning & PMO team in Malmsbury for the monthly Prioritisation process. This includes Digital demand, Owner Experience, 3rd Party Retail and UX.
- Ensuring that the Minimum Viable Product process is adhered to and the resource capacity turned into points that feeds into the global PMO.
- Lead and motivate the in-house GES COE Digital Demand and Program Management teams to effectively fulfil their roles and responsibilities and encourage responsibility/accountability appropriate to their position.
- Ensure that the regional team do not add layers of bureaucracy but add value to the overall business strategy and drive closer connection and interaction between HQ and Market teams, whilst maintaining and enforcing governance and Dyson asset guidelines & TOV.
- Responsible for the partner teams in the region (Trans-creation/Artwork) and ensure that Dyson’s interests are represented, and all value is extracted.
- Work with Malmsbury team, Procurement to drive QBRs and highlight opportunities for improvements and quality of delivery.
- Responsible for governance and compliance to financial, HR, Security and programme process adherence. Quality control across campaign and project design and delivery.
- Look at quality of input into the appropriate Project Readiness Levels in project development so key decision gateways are met and briefs are thorough, on brand and reflect the market and category needs in region.
- Retail team integration and the programmes of work for NPD and Campaigns.
- Identify asset opportunities that start within the COE but can travel beyond. Drive a sharing mindset within team across COEs and back to Malmsbury based team.
- Support direct reports and encourage personal development through formal and informal feedback.
- Conduct performance appraisals annually, setting clear objectives and monitor progress.
- Budget control of regional COE BBI and freelancers and meeting the monthly reporting requirements to the acceptable standards.
- Provide analysis and insight on project management, project delivery and define cause and effect with recommendation on solutions.
- Work proactively to fix live issues and discover the cause of any particular issues Resource allocation and insight working with CoE and Channel teams to ensure resource needs are understood and allocated appropriately.
- Identify Preferred Supplier Lists for APAC working with Procurement, to ensure our supplier base is fit for purpose, complies to all security, quality and cost guidelines.
- Leads the cost management delivery with markets and global teams to ensure targets are met across the initiatives identified.
- Take initiative and inspire new ways of working to benefit the company.
- Participate in interviewing and recruiting of new staff, where appropriate.
- Tackle issues confidently, ensuring the most agreeable outcome.
- Owns the process and governance of PO Compliance, NPD & Campaign process, budget management and resource allocation across projects with CoE Accountable for on-time delivery to Process milestones and PRLs for the above projects and issue resolution to ensure timings and time allocations are adhered to, reporting tracking against timely delivery and time spent vs allocated, where relevant, within CoE.
- Responsible for the quality of output and performance of the GES team across the Digital Demand and Program Management functions within COE Responsible for working directly with markets to solve issues flagged and ensure process compliance.
- Training local and Group teams as necessary.
- Role will be a core component of the COE leadership team. Manage a team within the Digital Demand and Program Management/production teams as well as extended headcount from our preferred suppliers.
- 15+ years in Creative resourices management, programme management, project and creative production
- Highly-organised with proven experience in programme management
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Good team manager with career development plan for direct reports
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
- Good attention to detail, focused and switched on
- Adaptable, problem-solver, able to use initiative
- Previous experience in global and regional campaign design, development and delivery
- Sound financial acumen and knowledge of project management and resource management systems
- Experience in film and digital asset production including oversight of internal and 3rd party production teams
- Knowledge of APAC specific platforms EG Naver, WeChat, Line, Kakao etc
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.