- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Team
Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business Team has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Development, Procurement and Finance.
About the role
Reporting to the Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology the Portfolio Director - Enterprise is responsible for delivery of programmes, projects, enhancements and operational support of all systems in Enterprise (Finance and Procurement) in Dyson globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Regional IT Director and their business partnering teams to shape and t-shirt size backlog items.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology to build and maintain a detailed portfolio plan to deliver all committed projects and programmes with up to a 3 year horizon.
- Works with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology and practices to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Take the lead working with practice heads (particularly Head of Programme Management) to negotiate and contract Software Integrator SOWs to deliver programmes and projects.
- Working within practice defined methodologies (Prince2 and DSDM / Scrum) they are responsible for successful delivery of all committed programmes and projects to time, spec, cost and quality.
- Provide direction for all project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place escalating to Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology and governance structures where appropriate.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology to define platinum, gold and silver options for enhancement capacity for Enterprise. These should be submitted for decision by the relevant Executive owner and then included for budget approval in Q4 for subsequent year and resourced appropriately (working with practices).
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology to build and maintain a release / sprint plan to deliver enhancements in agreed priority order with at least a 3 month horizon.
- Working within practice defined methodologies (Scrum) they are responsible for successful delivery of enhancements in a weekly and monthly release cycle.
- Oversight of a team of scrum masters and development operation squads to ensure delivery to committed velocity whilst working with business stakeholders on issue resolution and priority decisions.
- Provide direction for all release risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place escalating to practice heads and Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology where appropriate.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technology to define platinum, gold and silver options for levels of support, technical investment, performance and business continuity for Enterprise. These should be submitted for decision by the relevant Executive owner and then included for budget approval in Q4 for subsequent year and resourced appropriately (working with practices).
- Manage an operations team to work through a prioritised backlog of operational enhancements and projects using Kanban.
- Manage a 24/7 or 24/5 (depending on platform) follow the sun application support team in UK, US and India to provide support within predefined SLAs to a global Dyson business.
- Cover Senior Management escalations for Major Incidents in Dysons Global Enterprise IT.
- Lead delivery and operations professionals in a matrix management relationship to create a cohesive and high performing team.
- Run regular team meetings for different sub-teams Finance, People and Collaboration, Procurement and Legal.
- Hold Enterprise all hands meetings to provide updates, future plans and inspire and motivate.
- Feedback into practices for performance management, talent / succession planning and professional and personal development of key team members.
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure
- Capable of managing expectations throughout the full service delivery cycle and sponsoring successful transformation to enable and drive real business change across multiple geographic domains.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation including on occasion to the Executive and non-Executive board.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high pressured commercial arrangements.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- At least 8 years’ experience of leading an I.T. team providing services and delivering large complex programmes to the business. Ideally in Enterprise.
- Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile.
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion.
- Leadership of IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
- A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site lunches and drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.