- SGD Competitive
- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dyson's global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development and Finance & Procurement.
About the roleReporting to the Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies, the Portfolio Director - Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail is responsible for delivery of programmes, projects, enhancements and operational support of all systems in Dyson Retail stores, supply chain and manufacturing globally.
You will be responsible for:
1. Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail Portfolio
- Collaborating with Regional IT Director's and their business partnering teams to shape and t-shirt size backlog items.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies to build and maintain a detailed portfolio plan to deliver all committed projects and programmes with up to a 3 year horizon.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies and practices to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Take the lead working with practice heads (particularly Head of Programme Management) to negotiate and contract Software Integrator SOWs to deliver programmes and projects.
- Working within practice defined methodologies (Prince2 and DSDM / Scrum) you are responsible for successful delivery of all committed programmes and projects to time, spec, cost and quality.
- Provide direction for all project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place escalating to Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies and governance structures where appropriate.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies to define platinum, gold and silver options for enhancement capacity for Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail. These should be submitted for decision by the relevant Executive owner and then included for budget approval in Q4 for subsequent year and resourced appropriately (working with practices).
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies to build and maintain a release / sprint plan to deliver enhancements in agreed priority order with at least a 3 month horizon.
- Working within practice defined methodologies (Scrum) you are responsible for successful delivery of enhancements in a weekly and monthly release cycle.
- Oversight of a team of scrum masters and development operation squads to ensure delivery to committed velocity whilst working with business stakeholders on issue resolution and priority decisions.
- Provide direction for all release risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place escalating to practice heads and Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies where appropriate.
- Work with Global IT Director – Digital Business Technologies to define platinum, gold and silver options for levels of support, technical investment, performance and business continuity for Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail. These should be submitted for decision by the relevant Executive owner and then included for budget approval in Q4 for subsequent year and resourced appropriately (working with practices).
- Manage an operations team to work through a prioritised backlog of operational enhancements and projects using Kanban.
- Manage a 24/7 or 24/5 (depending on platform) follow the sun application support team in UK, US and India to provide support within predefined SLAs to a global Dyson business.
- Cover Senior Management escalations for Major Incidents in Dyson's Global Retail, Supply Chain and Manufacturing IT.
4. Team leadership
- Lead delivery and operations professionals in a matrix management relationship to create a cohesive and high performing team.
- Run regular team meetings for different sub-teams Retail, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Hold Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail all hands meetings to provide updates, future plans, inspire and motivate.
- Feedback into practices for performance management, talent / succession planning and professional and personal development of key team members.
About youWith experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- Capable of managing expectations throughout the full service delivery cycle and sponsoring successful transformation to enable and drive real business change across multiple geographic domains.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical with personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Good project management or organizational skills
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation including on occasion to the Executive and non-Executive board.
- A skilled negotiator.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Open, honest and responsible
- Team player
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high pressured commercial arrangements.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- At least 8 years’ experience of leading an I.T. team providing services and delivering large complex programmes to the business. Ideally in Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail
- Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile.
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion.
- Leadership of IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
- A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.