- SGD Competitive Renumeration Package
- Electronics, Energy storage
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionizing hair care. The team is also responsible to develop Battery Pack & Battery Management System for Dyson next generation for Cordfree products.
As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA
- Ensure safety and reliability of Dyson products
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project
- Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
More than 4 years working experience in Electronic design industry or similar environment.
Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / BMS/ power electronics products.
Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus
Understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
Experience Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools and able to create & understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
Design for EMC/EMI.
Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues
Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team.
Fluent in spoken and written in English.
Innovative problem solver willing to search for creativity