- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson a global leading technology company is looking to expand future product offerings through new categories. A large part of this vision comes from work developing new Energy Storage cells which seeks to deliver a solution that offers significant better performance than convention ones available out in the market.
About the roleThe Manufacturing Engineering (ME) team supports work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary Energy Storage development team, delivering prototype cells from research through to volume manufacture in Singapore.
The ME team is seeking a Principal Engineer in Industrial Engineering who will work closely with the development teams throughout the development lifecycle to deliver best in class manufacturing capability for Dyson. This includes work in defining unique production processes and equipment digital twin, developing a cost/economic model to support Dyson’s production setup by using computer simulation to predict manufacturing excellence and create world class OEE operations. The work environment expects to be demanding, fast-paced, exciting and a fulfilling journey.
The ideal candidate comes with proven track records working with cross function teams delivering complex, high volume manufacturing simulations (Siemens – Tecnomatix) in manufacturing operations etc.
- Collaborates with research and development team to optimise production processes with digital twin (Factory 4.0).
- Optimise production flow and equipment for high productivity.
- Identifies key process and equipment challenges and develops a solution to overcome these.
- Collaborates with production / operations to support production equipment specifications (TES) and Manufacturing Equipment Supplier Response (MESR).
- Collaborates with equipment suppliers to develop best in class equipment to support production.
- Assesses Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) performances against simulation for validation of acceptability.
- Supports on site installation of prototype, pilot and production equipment.
- Champion continuous improvement activities.
- Develops economic models for production facility setup including equipment and utilities.
- Develops energy simulation models to predict sustainability improvements by best operational modelling.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering
- 5 to 10+ years of experience in computer simulation (Tecnomatix or similar)
- Strong background and understanding of manufacturing operation setup including installation of equipment and supporting utilities.
- Experience in equipment and / or process automation with ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Ability to work with external suppliers (equipment) to identify and develop feasible manufacturing/automation solutions to support mass production.
- Ability to identify resources including but not limited to manpower and materials are readily available to support timely and successful completion of projects.
- Ability to engage and hold tough conversations with internal and external parties to support problem solving.
- Basic understanding of quality tools and 6-sigma concepts e.g. CpK, GR&R, DMAIC, SPC with ability to apply these across projects.
- Basic understanding of LEAN manufacturing concepts and ability to apply these concepts.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and tight timelines and ability to communicate effectively at all working levels within the organization.
- Supports various engineering groups with best practice updates / use of simulation either by training or as consultant.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.