- Motors and Power Systems
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Location details
* Deliver robust Power Electronics design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements, achieving world class levels of power density.
* Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline
* Understand and comply with all relevant International Standards.
* Develop innovative & novel concepts with high value IP.
Education and experience:
* A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 degree or better) with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems. Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
* Good knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages
* Strong understanding of power transmission system design.
* Expert working knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys) for structural, vibratory, thermal and shock load considerations
* Extensive rotating machinery design experience, with a strong understanding of rotordynamic phenomena and assessment techniques.
* Expert knowledge of lifing techniques, both from fatigue and fracture mechanics perspectives
* Strong knowledge of thermal systems design principles
* Good understanding of statistics and robust design techniques
* Sound understanding of materials science.
* Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis, electrical and electronic systems.
* Ability to apply systems engineering principles to translate fundamental business / system requirements into system design definition and sub-system / component requirements.
* Strong understanding of technical risk management processes including Functional / Design FMEA
* Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques plus experience in definition of manual and automated assembly processes
* Appreciation of relevant national, European and Worldwide regulations and legislation
* Basic knowledge of GD&T * Electrical systems integration
* Recent experience of EV motor, gearbox and battery pack design and development
* Composite structure design and analysis
* Assembly supplier selection
* Knowledge of ISO 26262 Essential behavioural skills:
* The ability to take a leadership position within a project with little direction
* Technically lead teams of engineers
* Good analytical ability and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
* Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas,
* To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams.
* Excellent team working skills.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Sport centre Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines