- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
As Principle Category Development Scientist, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the scaling of Hair Science (being the understanding of material, chemical and physical characteristics of hair; single fibre, tress and whole head level testing) activities across Dyson. Through leading collaboration with internal, industrial and academic partners, performing both studies and pioneering research you will create new opportunities for how Hair Science and products can interrelate. This work informs the development of our strategy, helps advance our understanding of the problem, and supports the scientific substantiation for the communications and claims around our technology and the problems they solve. A further aspect of the role will be to support claims development, using expertise to help provide internal guidance and consultation with the responsibility of signing off on the technical requirements.
- Identify science to shape category opportunities for Dyson to ‘own the problem’ and develop the Dyson ‘science story’ across the Personal Care portfolio
- Define, manage and steer the plans for engagement with external partners with internal stakeholders.
- Translate commercial objectives and requirements to direct and deliver aligned scientific activities.
- Scope activities with internal stakeholders and external partners to enable the delivery of clear product benefits in targeted areas in the most resource effective manner
- Lead cross-team meetings and chairing of internal Hair Science related meetings
- Lead a portfolio of external activities in alignment with the category roadmap and strategy blueprint
- Perform activity development, proposal writing, and contract management with privacy and legal teams
- Be a recognised expert on Hair Science, with the ability to sign off on technical claims requirements.
- Review technical reports and test results; advising stakeholders of risks and limitations of claims to be made.
- Use industry knowledge, and understanding of advanced technical methods to advise on credible partners for claims support work.
- This position requires international travel.
- A technical background (materials, chemistry, bio-chemistry), including a strong academic foundation with demonstrable knowledge of Hair Science fundamentals through education, or on the job experience
- Experience of hair analysis techniques coupled with statistical and data analytics skills
- Familiarity of leading projects and working with academic partners and CROs
- Knowledge of academic institutions and their contributions to Hair Science for future partnerships.
- Project management experience with strong evidence of effective time management and stakeholder management
- Effective communicator of complex ideas to audiences, in terms of both public speaking and written media
- Proactively collaborates across the category and business; building strong inter-personal relationships
- Self-starter, who is able to align with broad technical and commercial targets, and turn this into clear scopes, activities and projects
- The role involves ‘Dyson first’ projects and challenges some of our concepts and processes. The candidate will want to be on this journey with Dyson, rather than just ‘doing a job’.
- An understanding of medical regulation, clinical studies or ‘in use’ product trials would be beneficial