- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be responsible for providing strategic Sustainability leadership, challenge and direction across Dyson’s product roadmaps.
You will be an internal and external vocal advocate towards supporting Dyson best in class journey towards environmental and social stewardship and sustainability.
Reporting into our Head of Sustainability – Environmental Impact as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team this role will have specific focus on Dyson products, across every category.
AccountabilitiesWorking closely with the leadership team you will be responsible for developing and championing our vision & future sustainability strategy within the product and manufacturing roadmaps, to achieve specific quantifiable reductions in the environmental impact of Dyson products.
You will be the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all product level Sustainability management enquiries, advice, support, training and coaching. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
- · Develop and deliver strategic sustainability programs within the product roadmaps, including design, manufacture, in use and end of life phases.
- Utilise/orchestrate Life cycle assessment to generate quantified targets for future sustainability improvement plans and KPI’s. You will hold responsibility for Implementation and cascading these targets across the design and manufacturing teams as well as developing policies, guidelines and the sustainability governance structures.
- Provide innovative environmental advice, to support the design and operational management within the current and future project teams, and identify cost balanced solutions and opportunities for future improvement.
- Lead Sustainability information management for Dyson products.
- Whilst ensuring Dyson maintains legal compliance and works towards best practice, the role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive can-do attitude, working towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Sustainability.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both internally and externally.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
- Demonstrable experience of leading technology research and development programmes.
- In depth knowledge of Systems engineering, product development, material science and manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with conflict minerals is a strong advantage
- Environmental life cycle assessment methodologies, target setting and progress tracking
- Demonstrable evidence of creating and influencing environmental strategy and materiality assessment.
- Setting Science Based Sustainability Targets
- Implementing global standards
- Evidence of delivering programs of work, project management responsibilities.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Ability to promote sustainable thinking at design level.
- Understanding of human rights and standards from a global and regional perspective.
- Influence and partner with external stakeholders including relevant trade bodies or enforcing authorities in the development standards and best practice.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to degree level (scientific/engineering based)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project
- Experience of managing large/complex projects.
- Experience of managing teams, mentoring, developing and coaching other professionals.
- Demonstrable continuing professional development
- Membership of professional bodies
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines