- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs. To work together with RDD for developing innovative tool designs/ new technologies / and mature the NPI product design to manufacturing without compromising product design intent.
- To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
- To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
- For new tooling – review vendor recommendations as given by our Commercial Team to ensure that the vendor has both the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
- To sign off and approve new tool DFM and General Assembly drawings (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
- To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
- To advise recommend action on tool repair requests as made by Prim Contractors
- Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
- To ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
- To support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools.
- To make sure Dyson Malaysia receive all the drawings on disc for history reference as is requested
- To make sure all Dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
- Mold design detail review (CAT A)
- Consolidate and develop preferred mold design for common parts.
- Mold flow analysis specific to mold making and Category A product
- Optimize and standardize molding machine capacity and process for Cat A product as the priority
- Able to work and manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations etc
- Cost reduction, cycle time/cost/quality monitoring to deliver business and KPI requirements.
At least 15 years of working experience in Tool Design/ Machining /Injection tooling and moulding field
- Tool design / development with hands on experience in tool design and selection of steel/hot runner/gating systems etc..
- Project management / tracking / reporting for complex tooling projects with more than 300 tools
- Injection moulding process in-depth knowledge in machine selection, process development, trouble shooting, hot runner selection w.r.t application and product requirement.
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels