- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Working within Personal Care Technology Development, the candidate will take a leading technical role in the development of new products alongside all areas of the RDD (including NPI, Research, NPD & SEA). Ideally sat within the field of Fluids Dynamics or Thermodynamics, the successful candidate will be a technical authority in their area of expertise, taking a leading role in the development of simulation, analytical & experimental tools & processes to drive forward the next generation of Dyson products in the Personal Care/New Category ranges. Likely to be a skilled analyst across potentially a wide range of technical disciplines, the successful candidate will drive and direct the fundamental understanding and development of some of our most complex technical systems.
- Take the leading role in assessing & developing the capabilities of the fluids & thermal aspects of the design of projects in the Personal Care category, particularly focusing on projects & Categories that are “New to Dyson”.
- Continually strive to improve team capabilities (theoretical, analytical (1D modelling), experimental & CFD) to ensure that the project risks in the areas of Fluids & Thermals are minimised, ensuring that all shortfalls in capability are recognized early & mitigated for.
- Build & maintain effective, trustworthy, collaborative relationships with upstream NPI & Research, Cross-category matrix teams & downstream global fluids & thermal teams.
- Development & ownership of medium to long term plan for improving team capabilities in the area of Fluids & Thermal.
- Provide support & technical mentoring to other Fluids, Thermal & CFD engineers within the Technology Development – Personal Care category
- Govern the quality and timeliness of the engineering output in the area of Fluid Dynamics & Thermodynamics, ensuringthe team values of integrity, honesty & transparency.
- Provide regular top-level assessments of project risk in the specialist technical area of Fluid Dynamics & Thermodynamics, at all relevant management levels, & manage expectations.
- Working closely alongside the team People Manager, continuously strive to improve the productivity & effectiveness of the Fluid Dynamics & Thermodynamics team.
- Well-developed, advanced understanding of the technical discipline of Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics & CFD.
- An advanced to Expert-level understanding of theoretical, experimental & engineering simulation in the area of Fluid Dynamics & Thermodynamics.
- An expert working knowledge of ANSYS products including ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX.
- A solid understanding of Systems Engineering tools as well as 1D modelling tools (Simscape/Simulink)
- Coaching & mentoring
- Influencing & collaborating
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines