- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Engineering. The Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement Engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI [New Product Innovation] partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
• Manages Procurement Engineering engagement with Research & NPI teams on new technologies, particularly in heaters across all categories
• Lead Procurement Engineering initiatives to source high quality, parts or sub-assemblies that meet all performance, functional and commercial criteria
• Carrying out necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers
• Works within RDD teams to create, develop and integrate heater technology and heater supplier strategies into category & research projects
• Communicates, collaborates and co-ordinates activities with all relevant teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
• Applies established methodology, good practice and discipline to deliver robust commercial and engineering solutions in an agreed timeframe.
• Is a champion for the Electro- Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner
You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments. Commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for this role. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable.
- Degree in relevant engineering or commercial discipline with solid work experience demonstrated for this role
- Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to productionisation, understanding of heaters and thermal management commodities is highly desirable
- Able to work collaborative and influence, multiple stakeholders across different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive Procurement Engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Experience in an Electro-Mechanical engineering environment would be beneficial
- Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI highly desirable
- Awareness of heater technologies and experience in consumer electronics development is desirable
- MCIPS advantageous
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.