- Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the roleProcurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Engineering. The Procurement Engineering team support and develop the sourcing and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations & Procurement Team [GOP], Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. The team work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI [New Product Innovation] partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Manages sourcing initiatives, and is accountable for the delivery of multiple project activities, with a focus on Materials and Sustainability.
- Leads upstream engagement between RDD [Research, Design & Development], Commodity Managers & Suppliers. Driving & promoting Procurement Engineering activities upstream, and the use of suppliers to leverage their capabilities
- Carries out necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers
- Drives continuous improvement of process & development of commodity roadmaps, in conjunction with RDD & GOP counterparts
- Leads & manages Materials technologies and strategies that meet or exceed technical specifications, cost, time, reliability & quality.
- Leads & manages initiatives that support the Sustainability vision and strategy of the company
- Challenges & develops Procurement Engineering practices to continuously improve product quality at optimal cost while strengthening Dyson's supply chain & technology portfolio
- Is a champion for the Materials & Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner
About youYou will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments. Commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for this role. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable.
- Degree in relevant engineering or commercial discipline with solid work experience demonstrated for this role
- Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to productionisation, understanding of Resins, Metals, Ceramics, Composites, Coatings and associated manufacturing processes is highly desirable.
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple stakeholders across different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive Procurement Engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Experience in an engineering environment would be beneficial
- Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI highly desirable
- MCIPS advantageous
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.