- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement Engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Upstream Procurement Management of the Sensors and Displays commodities. Sensors is a broad, expanding area for Dyson across all Categories
- Engagement with Research and NPI teams on new technologies and supplier introduction
- Manage assigned PE activity for new technologies and components through sourcing, delivery and launch, ensuring projects are completed on time, on cost, on quality
- Investigate and implement new technologies and suppliers
- Lead the supply chain due diligence and supplier qualification for the commodity
- Develop clear cost and technology roadmaps and the development of commodity strategies in collaboration with Engineering and Procurement counterparts
You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within technical and engineering driven environments. Technical know-how, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for these roles. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also essential.
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or Physics
- Experience in Sensors and Displays commodity is strongly preferred, however experience of similar or related commodities will be considered
- Able to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders across different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive procurement engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Experienced in NPI (new product innovation) environments (both at sourcing and launch ramp up phases) highly desirable
- Other business qualification is preferred but not essential
- MCIPS advantageous
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.