- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson. Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success. As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. Procurement engineering work collaboratively alongside our Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- For assigned New projects, lead procurement alignment on optimum supply chain strategy, investigate and implement appropriate Dyson operating model for product development and contract manufacturing
- Develop and lead engagement plan for external development & manufacturing partnerships, ensuring project outcomes are met, and maximum value for Dyson is derived from the relationship
- Lead effective collaboration with cross functional project teams (NPI, Research, NPD, Operations, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Commercial), driving robust and transparent decision-making, in support of Dyson’s product development process
- Demonstrable history of procurement success in NPI, sourcing & supply chain, project management
- An experienced project management and procurement professional with strong project management skills, and a strategic perspective
- A highly credible individual with the ability to influence and manage key stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to drive procurement project activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Resilient, collaborative, creative, attuned this individual demonstrates a clear passion for Procurement Engineering and the benefits it can bring to a business
- Experience in working with internal and external Senior Level stakeholders, and in managing strategic relationships highly desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.