- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- Location details
- To lead the procurement activities for the Metals category and represent procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
- To act as the bridge between NPI/ engineering and cross category procurement managers in Southeast Asia [SEA] and the UK. This will predominantly be around detailed specification and global supplier selection – either as partners or as manufacturers of parts and components.
- Integrate effectively with a fast moving global procurement team. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of success as a procurement professional in a corporate procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
- Assist development of the cross functional long term procurement strategy for Metals, obtaining buy in from key cross functional stakeholders within the business.
- Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the category team.
- Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement risk mitigating actions.
- Network quickly and integrate at all levels in Dyson, both in the UK and SEA to understand material composition, specifications and manufacturing processes.
- Support and participate on new product development project teams, acting as the expert for Metals – with an on-time, on-cost focus.
- Lead supplier base and supply chain regionalization and localization strategy for the global category.
- Interface with global procurement teams to define and manage a global approved vendor list. Contract negotiation and new vendor introduction and management in co-operation with SEA and UK counterparts.
- Represent Metals within the Product Focus Group
*This is NOT a graduate role *Only applications submitted with update complete CV will be reviewed
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Business or any Engineering field
- Min 7 years experience in direct material sourcing, preferably in Metals -associated manufacturing processes
- Min 4 years managing a team of people
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Demonstrate understanding of technical, manufacturing and testing methods and processes relevant to Metals sourcing and processes
- To List on CV -Proven track record of proactive leadership of complex, global program