- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Develop and lead key sourcing activities for Dyson SEA NPI Project in Manufacturing Equipment/Spares assembly at CM and RDD Equipment Purchases with engagement and support from cross-functional teams and key stakeholders. Identify, develop and effectively manage external suppliers and coach the organisation on key deliverables from strategic purchasing approach
- Lead/coordinate sourcing projects to ensure completion to meet project/business needs (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Responsiveness) including low cost country sourcing.
Lead the supplier selection & negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team and ensuring best CQDR from the supplier-base for key sourcing activities
Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate metrics are in place and mechanisms are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence.
Monitor and manage vendor performance & development periodically.
Support a transition program to improve Global Procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the Dyson group.
Willing to assign to any NPI project as required by each Business units.
*This is NOT a graduate role *Only applications submitted with update complete CV will be reviewed
- Degree/Masters qualified in Business or any Engineering field
- MIn 7 years’ experience above in procurement with focus in indirect services category such as Equipment, automation and engineering purchases will be helpful.
- Extensive background in procurement and able to demonstrate success in delivering targets that exceed normal expectations
- Experience in Strategic sourcing and managing suppliers
- Global outlook and exposure to different cultures and challenges
- Exposure to cross-functional working and leading cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in delivering results in favourable and unfavourable conditions
- Understands and operates Supplier Relationship & Supplier Performance Management
- Category/Service/Product Knowledge – Moderate or developed knowledge of PE categories, however particularly understand the total Procurement & Supply Chain Management functions thru strategy; demonstrates the ability to understand the market globally; anticipates trends. Have an experience and capacity to manage average 300items per projects.
- Drive for results self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurised environment
- Planning & project management distils complex situations into manageable tasks and interdependencies; captures requirements and manages work scope; where necessary, leads defined elements of a project plan; identifies & mitigates risks; communicates with all stakeholders; delivers project to specification, on time and within established budget
- Complex problem solving which require analytical skills; makes effective inferences & deductions; seldom stops at the first possible solution; quick to consider the implications of the solution Communication & presentation confident and clearly communicates at all levels using appropriate tools, techniques and channels in different situations; understanding the needs and wants of respective stakeholders