- Singapore - Singapore
- Location details
The role will be representing Procurement in the project team for the assigned project, working closely with the Cross Functions team to manage project deliverables within the Personal Care Category. The main focus to ensure supply base readiness to deliver projects on time & support ramp up, and ensuring the Commodity Strategy within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
- You will be required to present project’s status & cost, and review actions with the Procurement Team Lead & Head of Procurement, providing feedback on progress and actions.
- You will lead and drive the activity plan that determines Procurement timeframes for success and highlight in a RAG sheet / Procurement Project Status Report where projects risks are on schedule or fallen behind and report this to the Senior Management. You will drive the deadlines.
- You will represent Procurement in project meeting and ensure that we identify from procurement all issues/aspects that could be seen as a risk. This might be capacity, capability or cost as we go from project milestone to the Start of Production.
- You will work closely together with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, RDD, Finance, OPS, Quality, Supplier Quality, and Commercial) to ensure projects opportunities/risks are being addressed and resolved.
- You will work with the Procurement Team Lead & Head of Procurement to prepare for the Project Milestone Reviews; this includes cost status, projects risks & mitigation plans.
- You will work with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred over, ensuring all deliverables for transfer are completed and ownership and responsibilities of each Category are clearly defined. Where no Sourcing Plan are in place, you and your team will then work with the Category to develop sourcing plan and identify lead time for each components, managing the procurement activities from various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- You will work in collaboration with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, RDD, Finance, OPS, Quality, Supplier Quality, and Commercial) to drive cost savings on your projects to meet the PPV target set for the overall Procurement team.
- You will work in collaboration with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, RDD, Finance, OPS, Quality, Supplier Quality, Commercial to meet Target and Budget Costs on each project.
- You will work closely with the Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
- You will work closely with Product Cost team on providing components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision. As part of the project life cycle, you will support the work on Engineering Build (EB) Cost.
- Degree in Engineering, Business or relevant certifications.
- At least 8 year’s experience in a fmcg manufacturing environment. Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement exposure is desirable.
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Strong communication skills for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.