- MYR Competitive
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Category Procurement Management team is the single point of contact representing procurement in each Business Category and its projects/products, ensuring E2E Category responsibility focusing on milestone adherence and transparency, proactive risk management and driving delivery on time in full (OTIF) and target cost achievement from a BOM perspective.
The Procurement Manager – Projects, will manage assigned projects and products within the category, ensuring projects are supported from a procurement perspective from New Product Innovation (NPI) to End of Life (EOL).
- Develop, implement and manage project sourcing plans and strategies to ensure the right decisions are made when required. This will involve working with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, as well as the Global Procurement team, to manage your assigned projects/products.
- Ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are tracked and met, project status, risks and mitigations are managed and reported.
- Work closely with UK Procurement team on projects being transferred, ensuring all transfer deliverables are completed and ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Provide component pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue in revision, as part of the project life cycle.
- Encourage supplier input in to the design and cost, working with RDD, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Assess supply chain risk for projects within the Category to EOL, ensuring supplier and part risks are understood, reported and mitigated, to ensure continuity of supply and creating competition for cost benefit.
- Manage the procurement activities for prototyping and engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvement activity and process improvements
- Degree / CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- At least 5 year's experience in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Procurement experience or an awareness of Request For Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organization.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects.