- MYR Competitive
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- Location details
- Senai, Johor
Supply assurance and flexibility are key enablers for companies. Dyson is looking for ways to adapt to changes in customer demand and ways to maximize supply chain flexibility. This role will focus on supply chain initiatives to adapt to changes in demand. There are tactical and strategic requirements to this role. The tactical portion is responsible for managing the Critical Parts List and providing regular update to Management, including managing the approval process of PPV (Purchased Price Variance), Premium Cost and Airfreight Cost.
- Present status of Critical Part List, and review actions with the Global Procurement Director, Category Procurement Heads, Operation Heads & Supply Planning Heads, providing feedback on progress and actions.
- Lead and co-drive the availability of critical components with Operation Managers and/or Contract Manufacturers. Work closely with the Commodity Managers for issues arising from Strategic Procurement matters e.g. Supplier cease production.
- Responsible for managing the approval process of PPV (Purchased Price Variance), Premium Cost and Airfreight Cost where applicable and necessary, according to GDA (Global Delegation Approval ).
- Responsible for case management, managing the issue, data preparation till closure.
- Own the Critical Parts List.
- Responsible for driving supply chain initiatives to improve supply and flexibility.
- Degree in Engineering or Business..
- At least 5 to 8 years working experience preferably in a fast moving Consumer Goods industry.
- Experienced in Commodity Management, preferably in Electronics, Mechanical & Electro-mechanical commodities.
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good communication for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organization.
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.