- MYR Competitive Salary
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
The Role:The role will be Procurement Project Manager/Leader, primarily their responsible is managing and coordinating activities and deliverables that Procurement is responsible for projects within each Category – ensuring Project is on time and on cost
- Working on a number of NPI projects concurrently
- Working with Commodity Managers to develop plans and identify lead-times and deadlines for ordering commodity parts in relation to the various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of product development process. This includes project budgeting on Capex.
- Help to identify and flag up issues in relation to consigned parts / risk buys required to deliver prototype / engineering builds on time.
- Support reviews of bought out components with CM and provide directions on purchase and changes as reviewed internally with Dyson cross team.
- Follow up with Engineering to understand what the status of bought out parts and what is needed from Contract Manufacturer to secure the purchase
- Working with Contract Manufacturer to raise POs for write offs of parts during Engineering Build phases of projects
- Providing regular updates on status of these plans and any issues with consigned parts / materials and risk buys for Engineering Builds.
- Drive cost down activities from development phase right to SOP + 3 months, this includes working with the RDD, and CM, Test and Operation team to ensure timeline and target is achieved.
- Own and drive project’s costing to meet budget/target pricing, working alongside with Finance and RDD to drive cost deliverance. Providing Product Cost team on bought out components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision.
- Challenging Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
- Reporting commercial progress on Tooling, P&E, and related activities on the projects.
- Working with cross functional team members on dual source development of commodity parts.
- Degree level qualification or above
- Self motivated, accurate and operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement - at least 3-5 years in a relevant industry
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good spoken & written communication in English
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Good understanding of manufacturing and how Dyson operates
- Strong communicator - Interpersonal skills - ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances