- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Procurement Manager ensures components are purchased from approved sources and delivered according to the agreed terms and conditions. Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, you will strive for best in class supplier performance, position materials for supply assurance and meeting product launch schedule. In addition, you will develop and drive commodities strategies to align and integrate with company vision.
- Supplier price and contract negotiation for all parts within respective commodity.
- Supplier development – will lead supplier development programs relevant to their Commodity Strategy
- Commodity market intelligence – responsible for gathering and informing stakeholders of all relevant market/supplier intelligence.
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relations.
- Supplier risk management – for all parts and suppliers within their Global Commodity, including mitigation plans and closure actions.
- Degree qualified.
- Substantial experience in Commodity Management and direct material sourcing, ideally within the chemicals and ceramic chemical industry and its associated manufacturing processes.
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization.