- MYR Competitive Salary
- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Product Engineer will be responsible for successful delivery of products into mass production, managing product engineering for standalone projects, driving improvements to product level processes, and being a key project contributor working across the top level of a Dyson product.
This is a role which touches on multiple faces of product development and management, and spans; management of bill of materials, development of specifications, prototype build management, driving of verification plans, cost management, product claims and manufacturing testing, and business intelligence tools – all of which are critical activities to effectively design Dyson products.
- Reporting directly to the Senior Product Engineer, and working with high autonomy, is responsible for the product engineering for a project in Malaysia. The Product Engineer must be able to grasp new technical challenges easily, exhibit a flexible mind-set, and have an analytical and practical outlook.
- Management of product bill of materials (BOM’s) - developing clear BOM structures, ensuring delivery of component and sub-assembly structures from a broad cross team, and communicating in technical detail to internal and external stakeholders
- Management of prototype builds – responsible for both physical material readiness, and software (embedded, application, and cloud) readiness, along with management of distribution, and reporting
- Management of pre-production build allocation, and cost ownership of pre-production builds – ensure we can efficiently validate and verify our products at pre-production stages, work with teams around the world to ensure we can prepare for mass production, and own the efficiency and financial management of these builds
- Project level finance management – ensuing there is a clear picture of project and pre-production finances, including management of key project quotations, purchase orders, and goods receipt; to ensure we are able to effectively deliver Dyson products
- Management and reporting of KPI’s – working with business intelligence teams, to ensure project health can be effectively tracked, and that a broad cross team have visibility of project performance and can deliver on time and in full
- Initiate SKU level management – working with current support teams to ensure we can launch our products on a global scale, including bill of material management, SKU technical drawings, rating plate development, initial sample inspection (ISIR), golden sample sign off, and deviation requests
- Cost tracking – ensure we can effectively track the cost of our products and manufacturing processes, driving accountability and clarity of information between teams, and helping to define the critical design led variables which affect our products manufacturing and development cost
- Claims test tracking – ensure that we have robust specifications, test methods, and verification plans to conduct our key performance claims testing, providing visibility to the whole business on the critical performance indicators and overall health of key performance claims
- Manufacturing test tracking – provide the crucial link between mechanical, electrical and manufacturing engineering teams, to ensure we understand and track the links between the product performance and our manufacturing testing
- Degree in any engineering ( product related )
- Min 3 years of product engineering work experience (manufacturing /R&D background)
- Must have the experience of smanaging products, and deliverables from other teams into projects -from prototyping stages through to mass production
- Hands on experience in new product development process
- Preferably from multi-national or global electronics company background
- The ability to deliver in a high pressure environment, and a world class organizational ability are essential.
- Confident communicator with all level
- Proven problem solving ability and a team player
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.