- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Design and Product Experience team sits within the New Product Innovation facility and is responsible for the visual design, interaction, HMI and connected product experience. They work cross-category on projects from start to finish. Product Experience Designers are responsible for defining the experience, behaviors, control and feedback of our connected products via the Dyson Link app and any other connected interaction points (including Smart Home/Voice Assistant and automated behaviours).
- Working as part of the Design & Product Experience team and alongside relevant parties in NPI/NPD categories, Research & Production/Delivery teams (various) to define, specify, champion and own the proposition for connected features of Dyson products from VA through to SOP.
- Owning the experience of interacting with Dyson products via connected touchpoints or automated behaviours, from concept to production.
- Working seamlessly with the Product Design team, and the NPI HMI team to ensure consistent, world-leading user experience
- Working with Category teams and Design Managers to ensure the projects are on track, reviewed at the right times and at the appropriate level with key stakeholders
- Working with the NPI creative team/s to ensure continuity across both product and digital platforms
- Managing relationships with Engineering and Electronics teams to ensure the best possible design is delivered
- Understanding of key technologies (digital and physical across app, Cloud, device and product)
- Ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge of user centered interaction design, combined with highly effective influencing and communications skills that support a proven track record of bringing products to the market.
- A creative designer who is always looking to improve a product
- Strong fundamental UX and digital interaction design knowledge
- Ability to reconcile user expectations and technical constraints quickly in order to suggest the appropriate course of action
- Product minded – your main focus is always on the product and the user experience
- Excellent communicator and both verbally, graphically and through use of sketches
- A great eye for detail and a sensitivity to the visual aspects of the product user interface
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines