- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Working within the Connectivity Team on the Dyson Electric Vehicle programme, the successful candidate will set direction for the scrum delivery team. This will include working with stakeholders, collecting, documenting, prioritising and reviewing connected car features. The Product Owner will need good interpersonal skills, be comfortable with ambiguity and change, and always strive to push themselves and their peers to produce high quality output.
- Backlog ownership: Collect requirements from stakeholders and then prioritise them for development. Both technical and user facing tasks will need to be balanced to deliver a high performance and compelling connected car features.
- Sprint preparation: Prepare work items for the scrum team ensuring these are sufficiently well defined for the developers to take forward.
- Support the scrum team: be on hand to resolve ambiguities and deal with changing priorities.
- QA and work acceptance: Ensure work items are delivered to the required standard.
- Demo: promote connected car activities within the programme by demonstrating progress.
- Work alongside a wide range of stakeholders including: UX Lead, Technical Lead, Scrum Master and external stakeholders in IT, Commercial, and other engineering functions.
- Maintain and communicate the vision for connected car
- Work with the IT and Commercial teams to ensure all business requirements are met and interfaces with other business systems are well defined Contribute to agile working methodologies, improving the effectiveness of team delivery
- You are likely to be an existing Product Owner, BA, or Scrum Master. We will also consider candidates who have experience working within Agile development teams and who are looking to make a transition to the role of Product Owner.
- Certified Product Owner would be advantageous
- Proven experience of working in an agile environment and improving agile processes
- Technical background; you will be working across a range of technologies including embedded, cloud and iOS and Android software. You must have sufficient technical insight to prioritise technical items alongside user facing items
- Ability to prioritise work in changing and sometimes ambiguous environments
- Drive to always strive for best in class quality and user experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical peers