- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT is mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Cyber Security team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Global Cyber Security department works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We take a pragmatic approach, transforming cyber security in order to enhance our business resilience, enable our colleagues to move fast, delight our customers, and better manage potential cyber disruption. Investing in new cyber security capabilities across technology, process, and people, we build on and leverage our strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Our IT Security Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Security and Cyber Defence functions are the beating heart of Dyson’s Cyber Fusion Centre capabilities. Together, they enable the successful delivery of exciting new projects, help existing toolsets remain effective, enable and encourage compliance, balance red & blue team capabilities, and make sure that cyber security incidents are managed in a timely and efficient way.
Internet connected products is a developing space for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building a world-class team of software developers and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision of the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of managers allowing them to make decisions and develop our teams and ways of working.
About the role
The Product Security team are responsible for ensuring that Cyber Security is embedded in the products we design and sell. They work closely with several development scrum teams, engineers, architects, developers, product owners and stakeholders daily. They provide consultancy to other scrum teams in the form of architecture work, software development, advice, policy, requirements and guidance. They work alongside the Product Software, Hardware, Safety, Privacy, Quality and Project management teams to help Dyson design and deliver great and secure products.
The team are looking for a Product Owner to join them. We would want the candidate to be the team’s interface with Dysons Product Development, Design and Research teams.
You’ll work from the perspective of our customers and represent their needs to the team, balancing with business requirements. Using your clear focus and drive for delivery, you will prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- Act as point of contact for business stakeholders. Work with technical architects to translate business needs into deliverables.
- Manage, refine and prioritise the product backlog for an Agile development team
- Coordinate workloads for initiatives that involve multiple Scrum teams.
- Requirements capturing and refinement via user stories
- Communicating progress on projects and deliverables.
- Producing business intelligence reports for senior stakeholders. This may include using Atlassian tools to deduce business trends from scrum data.
- Performing Agile ceremonies and providing leadership and guidance to the development team
- Organisation of Scrum ceremonies.
- A highly self-motivated individual with positive mindset & can-do attitude, and a strong believer of “Security as an enabler” to support business growth.
- Experienced Agile Product Owner with demonstrable success delivering software and systems in a fast-paced consumer market. You might also be a developer with PO experience looking to move into a full time PO role.
- As a skilled communicator, you’ll be able to collaborate across teams and geography to capture user stories for new features and communicate progress at all levels.
- Ability to forward plan priorities based on team cadence and set realistic stakeholder expectations.
- Experience defining sprints and programme increments.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, especially SCRUM/SAFE.
- Being an interface between scrum teams and wider business stakeholders.
- Interest in IoT and Cyber Security.
- Good understanding of Atlassian tooling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate, influence, inspire and motivate.
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to relate constructively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical people and an ability to drill down client requirements in order to capture information with precision.
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high quality results.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.