- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Software Tools & Process Manager, this key role will help us define the enablers and delivery roadmap for some of the most mission critical parts of our software development toolchain. You will be working closely with cross functional agile development teams, engineering managers, and a range of business stakeholders to build and deliver the best possible outcomes needed for our software development teams. You will bring a drive for lean and agile delivery methodologies along with strong data driven decision making to help steer our team.
The number of our software developers is growing and the user base of our development toolchain in Dyson is growing steadily, with over 2000 active users. The use of Atlassian, Sonarqube, TestRail, BlackDuck, Artifactory and other tools is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all sectors of the business.
About the roleKey responsibilities:
- You will become the domain expert for your area of software development tools
- You’ll work from the perspective of our tools users to represent their needs to the development team, balancing this with business requirements
- You’ll help to build and prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- You’ll work to align your team’s delivery plans with wider integration plans across the software organisation.
- Clarification and refinement of user stories and non-functional requirements with the development team
- Work with SW System Architect to understand early-stage product propositions and capture in user stories and non-functional specifications.
- You will champion Lean & Agile practices, supporting teams as we continually look to improve flow
- You will gather data and analytics from multiple sources to allow to you to prioritise your roadmap and make data driven decisions.
- You’ll provide concise reporting on product roadmap planning and delivery.
About youQualifications & skills:
- A successful product owner, technical product owner or product manager with experience in software tools delivery.
- Significant experience working in an Agile team as a Scrum Product Owner.
- A Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification a bonus
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
We would love it if you also had:
- A passion for software development and the tools and services needed to enable that
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux and Realtime operating systems
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of Atlassian, Sonarqube, Artifactory, BlackDuck
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.