- Competitve + Bonus + Benefits + Shift allowance
- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- This role will support the Product Prototype Manager to deliver high quality prototypes to the R&D department.
- The main purpose of this role will be to support the SLS Department with building and finishing of prototype parts operating within a 7 day shift pattern.
- Work closely with engineers to help produce prototype SLS parts which lead to better products and are cost effective to manufacture.
- To be a proactive member of the Product Prototyping Team who offers practical ideas and solutions
- Working in a prototyping environment
- Experience of model making advantageous but not essential
- Basic workshop practice/Ability to make one off prototypes
- PC skills, Excel
- Team Player
- Engineering drawing – reading/interpretations (not essential)
- Initiative and Pro-activity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
- Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
- Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
- Planning and Organizing: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
- Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
- Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
- Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
- Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines