- Competitve + Bonus + Benefits + Shift allowance
- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be an essential part of the Prototype department, finishing SLA prototype parts to a high quality within the lead times required by the projects and carrying out a variety of finishing and model making requests.
• Finish SLA prototype parts to a high standard and within required lead times for technology research and product design.
• Use model making equipment to support the high quality finishing of SLA prototype parts and any additional model making, assembly or cutaway model requests
• Working closely with engineers to help produce prototype SLA parts which lead to better products and are cost effective to manufacture.
• To be a proactive member of the Product Prototype team who offers practical ideas and solutions.
Essential model making background preferably a time served technician with ONC/HNC or degree qualifications and demonstrable experience in a model making environment
Proven experience and knowledge:
Ability to use all model making and general workshop equipment.
Ability to fabricate prototypes models using a variety of engineering materials.
Knowledge of SLA Machine and process desirable.
Knowledge of Vacuum Casting and process desirable
Ability to communicate effectively with engineers to ensure that the prototype is delivered on time
Initiative and Proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
Planning and Organising: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines